Saturday, May 8, 2010

Good morning new day! If there is anyone out there who doesn't know me, you should know that when I speak I am a great bumbler and stumbler with words, therefore---I write. Therefore, I have always wished that every single person on this planet wore notebooks and pens around there necks or wrists or waists (take your most comfortable pick) so that when encountering another person, be it family, friends, or strangers, one would have to write their communication with one another---because, of course, writing forces one to slow thoughts down as well as to see exactly what one is saying. Or, like me, one would speak/write in poems to each other. This is a long and round-about way of saying, I take-in and experience my world through poetry. And this morning, this new gorgeous California morning, arrives in my mind through that, exactly. Here is this new day as I see it, at the moment, with eyes open but still, I am sure, dreaming.

The Morning Before Going To New York For The First Time In My Long Life

Chill winds blow and tomorrow I go to New York.
Tall green-gold grass blades toupeed
in tight white-gold seeds
shimmy and bob in the hard breeze.
Tomorrow I go to New York.
Violet-gray-bottomed clouds
hang over the far mountain
and the vultures and swallows
veer round my house like WW II aircraft
bombers. All of the redwood trees shiver
in the light and shadows.
Tomorrow I go to New York.
*****
Bon Voyage!...and I'll be back on Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment